Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser (but that’s just a happy bonus, because I will never promote a product I don’t believe in). All opinions are mine alone. #FallWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Serve this Crispy Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Salad on a bed of romaine for an quick family meal, or scoop it into endive cups to create an easy party appetizer that will have even your meatiest eaters coming back for more.
Between teaching full-time and prepping for our daughter’s wedding reception (which finally happened this last weekend), life has been a bit of a madhouse lately. Now, with Thanksgiving just around the corner, things are just going to get busier. Which is why I’m all about quick, easy meals right now. (Plus, who doesn’t love a Big Salad?)
With a household made up of both meat-lovers and vegetarians, I make a lot of vegetarian-friendly meals, so MorningStar Farms products have long been a staple in our kitchen. The products are dependably good, convenient, and particularly helpful during the hectic holiday season with its drop-in out-of-towners and last-minute meals. With MorningStar Farms, I don’t have to worry about planning “vegetarian” meals – I just make meals that everyone can enjoy. Their new Buffalo Chik’n products work great in this salad: they have a nice level of spiciness without being overpowering.
- 1 package MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings (or two MorningStar Buffalo Chik'n Patties)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ c. buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup bleu cheese dressing (store bought or homemade)
- For Salad: 8-10 cups chopped romaine
- For Appetizers: 3 heads of Belgium Endive
- Bake the MorningStar Farms Buffalo Wings in a 375° F oven for 16-18 minutes, turning after 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
- In a family-size salad bowl, layer in order: 8-10 cups of chopped romaine, tomatoes, celery, prepared Buffalo Chik'n, crispy fried onions, and bleu cheese crumbles.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing and your favorite Buffalo wing sauce.
- Separate endive. Spoon ingredients into endive cups in order:tomatoes, celery, prepared Buffalo Chik'n, crispy fried onions, and bleu cheese crumbles. Drizzle bleu cheese dressing and wing sauce over the top and serve.
You can find MorningStar Products in the freezer case under the “Meat Alternatives” at Target.
Food for thought: I don’t know what your first reaction was when Target started carrying Groceries, but honestly, mine was, “Why?” We already have most of the major grocery chains within a ten minute drive, and who is going to go to Target for groceries anyway, right? But after a couple of years, I’ve noticed something: I do buy groceries there – often. Because while it may not be my destination for my bi-weekly Big Grocery Shopping Trip, it saves me tons of time when I’m making a run to Target for one of the thousand non-grocery items I get there regularly and I just need a few things to make a meal.
Be sure to check out more delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes at morningstarfarms.com. I’d love to hear about your favorite chik’n recipe!