If you like smoked salmon, you’ll love this Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche!
Last week, I wrote about our Valentine’s weekend at The Lake House Bed & Breakfast. This is the recipe for the delicious Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche that we were served for breakfast on our first morning there, generously shared by our hostess, Mary.
“Crustless” may be a slight misnomer: this quiche does have a crust of sorts, albeit quite soft. (If you are familiar with Bisquick’s Impossible Pies, you will know what I mean – this is simply a fancy variation on the old standby.) Whatever you want to call it, this quiche is perfect for any meal of the day. It goes together in less than 15 minutes, and is ready to serve – start to finish – in about an hour.
As with most quiches, I like a little fruit on the side, and blueberries are a beautiful contrast for this light, lovely meal.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup Original Bisquick (Try this homemade version!)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray a 10" pie plate (or 8" square pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix smoked salmon, chopped onion, and grated cheese together in prepared pie plate. Drop cream cream cubes on top of salmon mixture and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add milk, Bisquick, and seasonings and mix thoroughly. (I do this step in a my blender.)
- Pour egg mixture into pie plate over smoked salmon mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
NOTE: If you would prefer that your cream cheese not float to the surface when you bake your quiche, just layer half of the salmon mixture on the bottom of the pan, then add your cream cheese, and then spread the second half of the salmon mixture on top. Personally, I like the cream cheese on top, because I think it makes the quiche visually more interesting.