Sweet Potato, mascarpone, and fresh rosemary browned butter go together to make the most amazing filling for this delicious stuffed squash blossom recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, but don’t worry – they won’t bite.
In a previous post, I shared with you my photoshoot with Tarzan & The Squash Blossoms (and no, you may not use that as your new band name – I call dibs) and my recipe for Sweet Potatoes with Mascarpone and Fresh Rosemary Browned Butter. From there, it takes just one more easy step to complete this beautiful, delicious grilled squash blossom recipe.
There are many ways to prepare stuffed blossoms once you fill them, but grilling seems to be the best option to me: not only is it healthier than the traditional deep-fry method, but it also preserves the delicate flavor of the squash blossoms without covering it up.
Growing Your Own – Which Blossoms Should You Pick?
All squashes produce male and female flowers. If you look inside the flower, the male ones will have a little stamen in the middle. We have more squashes than we will ever need, so I wasn’t too worried about this, but if you want to preserve your squash harvest, try to pick the male flowers – just don’t pick all of them! (You can find more information about distinguishing male and female squash blossoms here.)
Don’t have a garden? That’s OK! You can find squash blossoms at your local Farmers Market from early spring clear into fall.
Grilled Stuffed Squash Blossoms with Sweet Potato, Mascarpone & Rosemary Browned ButterPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6-8 squash blossoms
- 1 Batch Sweet Potatoes with Mascarpone & Rosemary Browned Butter
- 2 tablespoons reserved Rosemary Browned Butter
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Place Sweet Potato mixture in a zip-top bag, trim one comer and use to pipe into each blossom. Pipe the mixture into the flowers. Be careful to not overfill the flowers - there needs to be enough room at the top to twist the petals closed.
- Spray or brush stuffed flowers very lightly with with olive oil.
- Place on hot grill for about four minutes on each side.**
- (I put the remaining browned butter in a small bowl for this step.) Using a spoon, skim the clear browned butter from the top, leaving the dark brown remains at the bottom of the bowl, and drizzle over the grilled squash blossoms.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve warm.
Sweet Potatoes with Mascarpone & Rosemary Brown ButterPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb. orange-fleshed sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½ cubes
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 t. Kosher Salt or more, to taste
- 4 oz. Salted Butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary each about 4" long
- Place prepared sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover them, plus an extra inch.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the cubed sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until they are very tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, and place them back in the pot.
- Add mascarpone, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the prepared Rosemary Brown Butter.
- Using an immersion blender, puree ingredients until everything is smooth and creamy, with no lumps remaining. (You can do this step in a food processor if you don’t have an immersion blender.)
To prepare Rosemary Brown Butter:
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and rosemary until the butter melts and begins to foam. Continue cooking, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter turns a golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Remove from the heat immediately and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove rosemary sprigs from butter.
THANK YOU so much for being a faithful reader and supporter
of The Good Hearted Woman. ? Be sure to PIN this recipe!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they do help keep this site up and running. As always, all opinions and images are my own. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!