Light as air, these delicious little Meringue Kisses can hold a multitude of sweet surprises.
These little meringue kisses are incredibly simple and easy to make, and will satisfy any sweet tooth. Here, I’ve topped them with pineapple and chocolate, but you can let your imagination guide you. Other ideas include coconut, ground nuts, chopped dried fruit, a dusting of cinnamon and sugar, or candied ginger. Or sprinkle them with jimmies for the holidays – red, white and blue for the 4th of July, green for St Patrick’s Day, or yellow and orange for the fall holidays.
Meringue KissesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Top with your choice of:
- Fresh pineapple chopped
- Mini chocolate chips
- Ground nuts
- Chopped dried fruit
- Cinnamon sugar
- Candied Ginger
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon sheet.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar. Add sugar a tablespoon at a time, beating eggs until stiff.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Fill a a pastry bag or resealable bag with the whipped egg mixture. Cut the tip (or corner) and pipe the whipped egg mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. (Alternative method: Use teaspoons to drop mixture onto cookie sheet.)
- Sprinkle topping of your choice onto each cookie.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then turn off the oven. Leave the cookies in the oven for 30-45 minutes to allow them to dry.