This cool, creamy Blue Cheese Dip is loaded with fresh celery, green onions, garlic, and blue cheese. Delicious paired with Buffalo Wings, tortilla chips, or cut veggies, it's perfect for all your backyard parties and game day celebrations!
Football season is just around the corner (isn't it always?), and what's more iconic game day fare than Buffalo wings? This creamy blue cheese dip pairs perfectly with wings; with a crunchy, cool, and refreshing flavor that will complement even the hottest of bites.
This post may contain affiliate links, but don't worry - they won't bite.
How to Make Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip
Gather and prep ingredients.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Blue cheese crumbles: For this recipe, our choice is usually Gorgonzola, but you can use whatever blue cheese variety makes you happy.
Some Popular Varieties of Blue Cheese (Is it Blue or Bleu?)
- Cabrales - Traditionally made from mixing goat and sheep's milk together, Cabrales has a strong, spicy flavor.
- Danish Blue - This strong blue cheese is creamy, with a semi-soft texture.
- Dorset Blue Vinney - This English blue cheese is made with unpasteurized, skimmed cow's milk, and has a hard texture, a crusty outer layer, and a strong aroma and taste.
- Gorgonzola - Made with either cow or goat's milk (sometimes both), Gorgonzola is a firm, creamy cheese with a salty and often slightly sweet taste.
- Roquefort - Famously green-veined, Roquefort has a tangy, salty flavor with sweet undertones.
- Stilton - This semi-soft cheese is made from unpasteurized cow's milk, and has a strong aroma and outstanding flavor.
Sour cream: We prefer to use full fat sour cream. (I mean... is this really the place to start "cutting back"?)
Greek yogurt: Use full fat, same as the sour cream. You can use reduced fat as well.
Celery: You can sub in an equal amount of finely chopped red or green pepper, or add a mix of chopped peppers and celery.
Green onions: You can use ¼ cup finely chopped red or sweet onion in place of the green onions.
Garlic: Go ahead and add that extra clove (I know you probably will anyway), but don't go crazy.
Once you have your ingredients prepped, all you need to do is mix everything up and serve!
This creamy blue cheese dip makes a perfect companion for our Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Wings. It's also delicious on chips, crackers, and crudités!
Do you love Blue Cheese? Check out our round-up of delicious blue cheese recipes!
Cool Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip
- Mix all the dip ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Looking for more dip recipes for your party or game night? Try out this amazing Roasted Garlic Spinach-Artichoke Dip, or our savory-sweet Muhammara (Red Pepper Walnut Dip). (If you're a Seahawks fan, be sure to check out our Seahawks 7-Layer Dip!)
THANK YOU for being a faithful reader and supporter
of The Good Hearted Woman. • Please PIN this post!