This cool, creamy Blue Cheese Dip is loaded with fresh celery, green onions, garlic, and blue cheese. Delicious paired with Buffalo Wings, tortilla chips, or cut veggies, it's perfect for all your backyard parties and game day celebrations!
Why You Will Love this Recipe
With a crunchy, cool, refreshing flavor that complements even the hottest of bites, this is the best blue cheese dip recipe around for pairing with spicy Buffalo wings.
Here are a few more things to love about this blue cheese dip:
- It's made of fresh, easy to find ingredients. No preservatives.
- It's ridiculously easy to make. You can have it ready to serve in about 10 minutes.
- It uses Greek yogurt in place of the usual mayonnaise, giving it a tangy flavor that complements and enhances the blue cheese.
- It lasts up to a week in the fridge.
- You can serve it with everything from chips to crudités, and it's amazing with wings.
- It's great for game days, tailgates, holidays, parties, barbecues, or anytime you want an easy, tasty dip!
What Goes into this Recipe
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
• Blue cheese crumbles: For this recipe, our choice is usually Gorgonzola, but you can use whatever blue cheese variety makes you happy.
Some Popular Varieties of Blue Cheese (Is it Blue or Bleu?)
Cabrales - Traditionally made from mixing goat and sheep's milk together, Cabrales has a strong, spicy flavor.
Danish Blue - This strong blue cheese is creamy, with a semi-soft texture.
Dorset Blue Vinney - This English blue cheese is made with unpasteurized, skimmed cow's milk, and has a hard texture, a crusty outer layer, and a strong aroma and taste.
Gorgonzola - Made with either cow or goat's milk (sometimes both), Gorgonzola is a firm, creamy cheese with a salty and often slightly sweet taste.
Roquefort - Famously green-veined, Roquefort has a tangy, salty flavor with sweet undertones.
Stilton - This semi-soft cheese is made from unpasteurized cow's milk, and has a strong aroma and outstanding flavor.
• Sour cream: We prefer to use full fat sour cream. (I mean... is this really the place to start "cutting back"?)
• Greek yogurt: Use full fat, same as the sour cream. You can use reduced fat as well.
• Celery: You can sub in an equal amount of finely chopped red or green pepper, or add a mix of chopped peppers and celery.
• Green onions: You can use ¼ cup finely chopped red or sweet onion in place of the green onions.
• Garlic: Go ahead and add that extra clove (I know you probably will anyway), but don't go crazy.
How to Make this Recipe
Once you have your ingredients prepped, all you need to do is mix everything up and serve! (Or refrigerate until you're ready.)
I wish I had more to say, instruction-wise, but this recipe really is that simple!
Properly stored in the fridge, blue cheese dressing should last about 5-7 days.
Always practice good food safety habits with homemade dressings and dips. This means never putting anything into the jar or bowl- from a used fork to a finger to a double dipped chip - that will introduce bacteria.
If you put it in peanut butter terms - chunky or creamy - this recipe would be classified as "chunky." However, with the sour cream and Greek yogurt, it definitely has a smooth, creamy side.
This creamy blue cheese dip makes a perfect companion for our Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Wings. It's also delicious on chips, crackers, and crudités!
For more recipes and cozy living tips, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all of the latest updates.
Cool Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles 2 ounces
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 whole green onions thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Mix all the dip ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
Gail Gustafson says
I LOVE blue cheese dressing! Looking forward to trying this recipe!!! I'm not a big fan of wings, but I'm guessing this dressing/dip will be a hit with anything! Thanks, Renée!