Looking for an easy brunch that will Wow your overnight holiday guests? Dutch Apple Cranberry Crêpes are just the thing! (They will make your house smell fabulous too!
Dutch Apple Cranberry Crêpe FillingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. tart apples I use about 5 Granny Smiths
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch allspice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch only if necessary; see note
1 Batch Sweet Vanilla Crêpes
- Whipped Cream
Make a batch of Sweet Vanilla Crepes.
Dutch Apple Filling:
- Peel, core, and slice apples into a large mixing bowl. Add dried cranberries (if desired), and then lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Toss to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let set for about half an hour.
- In a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar together, stirring frequently. When mixture begins to bubble, add salt and reduce temperature to medium low.
- Add prepared apple mixture and bring to mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cook apples until they are no longer crunchy, but still have some texture to them. (You don’t want applesauce!)
- If the mixture is very runny, add cornstarch a half-teaspoon at a time and simmer until thickened.
Assembling the Crêpes
- Fill crêpes with prepared Dutch Apple Cranberry Filling, fold and garnish with whipped cream and dried cranberries.