A cross between a crustless quiche and a hearty frittata, this easy-to-make 3-Cheese Zucchini & Tomato Casserole makes a savory, family-pleasing weeknight meal.
This easy Zucchini & Tomato Casserole is one of those meals I fondly call the Easy-Uglies. You know what I mean; meals you can throw together at the last minute with your eyes closed. Think chili mac, hash, casserole, frittata, and stir fry kinds of things. These meals aren't always company-pretty, but they come through every time: quick, easy, budget-friendly and satisfying.
What more could you ask of a simple casserole?
This post may contain affiliate links, but don't worry - they won't bite.
Throughout the summer, and well into fall when the farmers market is still in full swing, cherry tomatoes and zucchini are in abundant supply. (In the case of zucchini, sometimes too abundant!) This casserole is a tasty way to make the best of that fortuitous seasonal vegetable pairing.
A cross between a crustless quiche and a hearty frittata, this eggy casserole can be fully prepped and in the oven in just 15 minutes. It makes a truly savory and satisfying weeknight meal, and a real contender for our Easy-Ugly Top 10.
Easy Cheesy Zucchini & Tomato CasserolePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Follow The Good Hearted Woman on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound zucchini chopped or sliced
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 ounce marcarpone or cream cheese; room temperature
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F [190°C].Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, caramelize onions & garlic.
- Using a whisk, beat marscarpone (or cream cheese) into eggs. It's fine if there are small lumps.
- Stir feta, Parmesan, and garlic salt into egg mixture.
- Fold in zucchini, tomatoes, and caramelized onions and garlic.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake in preheated oven at 375°F [190°C] for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
If you like this Zucchini & Tomato Casserole, you'll love our Zucchini Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce!
of The Good Hearted Woman. • Please PIN this post!