Spice up your beverages and desserts with Homemade Ginger Syrup!
Mr. B and I love ginger. When we discovered how easy it is to make homemade ginger syrup, and this delicious condiment immediately became a new favorite among our kitchen staples.
Scroll to the bottom of the post for just a few of the ways we enjoy using it. Please let me know in the comments if you come up with any new ideas!
Homemade Ginger SyrupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Put 3 cups of water and all the sliced ginger in a blender and blend until ginger is chunky smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a large saucepan. Stir in the remaining 3 cups of water and the sugar, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the pan.
- Line a sieve with two to three layers of cheesecloth and strain syrup. Squeeze the cheesecloth bag tightly to get out all the gingery goodness.
- Pour syrup into containers and refrigerate or freeze.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Here are just a few delicious ways to use Homemade Ginger Syrup:
- Ginger ale – add a tablespoon of Ginger syrup to a glass of club soda or seltzer water and make your own ginger ale.
- Ginger Lemonade
- Ginger Iced Tea
- Ginger Apple Juice
- Whiskey Ginger
- Ginger Ice Cream – just drizzle a couple of tablespoons into the ice cream mix before you freeze it.
- Raspberry-Ginger Butterscotch Sundae
- Ginger Peaches
- Ginger Yogurt – add a teaspoon or two to a cup of yogurt. Vanilla, peach, and raspberry all taste great this way!
Disclosure: This ↑ ad bar contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running – and (relatively) ad-free! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!