This creamy vegan chipotle sauce, made on a base of homemade cashew sour cream, is delicious on burgers and sandwiches, in stuffed baked potatoes, as a dip for chips or cut veggies, or anything else you can think of.
This post is among a handful of very old posts we are in the process of updating. The recipe info is accurate, but it's otherwise a bit thin. Check back soon for new images and content, as well as more ways to use this tasty sauce.
Homemade cashew sour cream makes up the base for this delicious and versatile vegan chipotle sauce.
Homemade cashew sour cream is far better than store bought vegan sour cream, for so many reasons. Most importantly, it's full of all-natural ingredients. (Have you ever read a vegan sour cream label? If you do, you'll wish you hadn't.) Plus it’s way cheaper to make at home.
More Vegan-friendly Recipes
Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup almond milk or cold water; you may need a little more, depending on how thick you want it
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 whole chipotle peppers canned, in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet or green onion minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped; optional
- Cover cashews with hot water and soak for at least 2 hours, or overnight.Drain off the water and place nuts in a blender, along with the almond milk, honey, cider vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add chipotle peppers, onion, and garlic powder to the cashew sour cream, and puree again until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to a week.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Thank you for visiting the Good Hearted Woman. Remember to bookmark this site, and come back soon!