My version of La Provence’s Eggs Provençal takes just 10 minutes of mild effort, and rewards you with a delicious, Pinterest-worthy plate.
Eggs Provençal is one of my favorite brunch choices at La Provence, and so of course I had to figure out how to make it at home. As it turns out, it is so quick and simple to put together that you almost don’t need a recipe at all! The big plus, though, is that it makes a light, delicious, flavor-packed brunch that won’t send you into a midday carb-coma.
Serve with roasted sweet potatoes, hash browns, or as I have here, Garlic-Almond Spaghetti Squash.
Eggs Provençal a la RenéePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For each serving, you need:
- 2 eggs poached
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 1/2 oz grated cheese I use a mixture of Parmesan & mozzarella
- Paprika salt & pepper, as desired
- Fresh basil
- Move oven rack to highest position. Preheat oven broiler.
- Put tomato slices on lined baking sheet and broil for 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Return tomato slices to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove tomato slices from oven.
- Top each slice with 1 poached egg and sprinkle with grated cheese. Sprinkle lightly with paprika and season as desired.
- Pop under broiler for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil.