Eggs Provençal is a simple, yet amazing fusion of fresh flavors. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this easy recipe takes just 10 minutes to make.
What's the Story Behind this Recipe?
Eggs Provençal is one of my favorite brunch choices at our local La Provence Boulangerie & Patisserie. One of the reasons I like this dish so much is, no matter what time of day, it makes for a light, satisfying, flavor-packed meal that won't send you into a midday carb-coma.
Our easy-to-make version of Eggs Provençal so quick and simple to put together that I hesitate to label this as a "recipe": it's really more of an assembly guide.
Serving Suggestion: We especially like to serve this for a light dinner with Garlic-Almond Spaghetti Squash. #MeatlessMonday
Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
Eggs Provençal with Tomatoes
For each serving, you need:
- 2 eggs poached
- 1½ tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 thick slices of ripe tomato
- ½ oz grated cheese I use a mixture of Parmesan & mozzarella
- Paprika salt & pepper, as desired
- Fresh basil
- Move oven rack to highest position. Preheat oven broiler.
- Put tomato slices on lined baking sheet and broil for 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Return tomato slices to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove tomato slices from oven.
- Top each slice with 1 poached egg and sprinkle with grated cheese. Sprinkle lightly with paprika and season as desired.
- Pop under broiler for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.