Eggs Provençal is a simple, yet amazing fusion of fresh flavors. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, our easy-to-make version (inspired by La Provence) takes just 10 minutes of mild effort, and rewards you with a perfect, pin-worthy plate of deliciousness.
This post may contain affiliate links, but don’t worry – they won’t bite.
Eggs Provençal is one of my favorite brunch choices at our local La Provence Boulangerie & Patisserie. One of the reasons I like this dish so much is, no matter what time of day, it makes for a light, satisfying, flavor-packed meal that won’t send you into a midday carb-coma.
Our easy to make version of Eggs Provençal so quick and simple to put together that I hesitate to label this as a “recipe”: it’s really more of an assembly guide.
Eggs Provençal a la Renée
For each serving, you need:
- 2 eggs poached
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 1/2 oz grated cheese I use a mixture of Parmesan & mozzarella
- Paprika salt & pepper, as desired
- Fresh basil
- Move oven rack to highest position. Preheat oven broiler.
- Put tomato slices on lined baking sheet and broil for 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Return tomato slices to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove tomato slices from oven.
- Top each slice with 1 poached egg and sprinkle with grated cheese. Sprinkle lightly with paprika and season as desired.
- Pop under broiler for 30 seconds to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Serving Suggestion: We especially like to serve this for a light dinner with Garlic-Almond Spaghetti Squash. #MeatlessMonday
THANK YOU so much for being a faithful reader and supporter
of The Good Hearted Woman. 🌻 Be sure to PIN this post!