One of the challenges of eating Cleaner and Leaner is adapting favorite recipes without losing the flavor, texture or character of the original. In fact, whenever I see a recipe prefaced by “Low-fat,” it’s always a reg-flag for me: Low-fat often translates to “tasteless,” or “dry as shredded wheat in a sand storm.” You won’t find dry or tasteless here though – if it doesn’t pass the Mr. B & Kids Test, it doesn’t get posted. Needless to say, these moist, delicious Blueberry-Banana Muffins passed with flying colors.
Low-Fat Banana MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups bananas mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbls turbino sugar
- 1 Muffin = 3 WW Points+ Calculated on WW Recipe Builder.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake papers, or spray with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and applesauce. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. (Mix this by hand for lighter muffins.) Stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with turbino sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.