Roasting root vegetables together creates a rich, savory-sweet medley for the senses that will wrap you up like grandma’s quilt on a cold autumn evening.
Roasted Fall Vegetables
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 very large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fall squash acorn, pumpkin, or butternut all work nicely
- 1 large sweet onion cut in half & sliced lengthwise
- 4 medium carrots
- 5 cloves garlic sliced very thin
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Use fresh. Really
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- **All veggies except onions & garlic should be peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 17 x 11-inch pan with the cooking spray. (I use a large glass roasting pan.)
- Toss all ingredients with oil in the prepared pan and season with salt & pepper. Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes. Pour the soup stock or broth over the vegetables and stir.
- Roast for 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- This will serve about 12 people as a side dish - just adjust the amounts according to your needs.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.