As promised, here is a recipe that combines posts from last week into a Pot Pie that will warm you up from the inside out.
Down-Home Pot Pie (Chicken & Vegetarian Options)
Pot pie is one of our family's favorite cold-weather meals.
Author: Renée ♥
Recipe type: Main Dish
Cuisine: Home Cooking
- Follow directions to make vegetables, gravy and herbed pie crust. I usually try to make the gravy a little on the runny side if I have a lot of potatoes in the vegetable mix, as they will act as a thickener. (Faster alternative: Defrost frozen vegetable medley and use that instead.)
- Combine gravy and vegetables. If you are making both vegetarian and omnivorous meals, divide the mixture at this time. Add chicken to desired portion.
- Pour mixture into 8" pie pans. (I usually just choose a glass dish of a size that will fit the portions I am making.)
- At his point, you can cover it with dough and bake it right away, or stick it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 425 degrees, or until the crust is lightly browned and the filling is bubbly.
I'm a writer, music maker, artist, and proud Native Portlander. In my spare time, you can find me writing love songs about cowboys, exploring the moss-covered nooks and crannies of the Pacific Northwest, and making music with my talented singer-husband.