These Heirloom Tomato & Grilled Eggplant Stacks are a summer luxury; fresh, seasonal, and delicious to the last bite.
This post may contain affiliate links, but don't worry - they won't bite.
Aaah, Summertime! Gardens are bursting, Farmers' Markets are in full swing, and – Glory Be! – tomatoes taste like... tomatoes again. Don't you just love it!?!
This time of year, we aim to create dishes that highlight the bright, fleeting flavors of summer, and these Heirloom Tomato Stacks are just the ticket. Uncomplicated in every way, they are deeply satisfying, and delicious to the last bite.
Heirloom Tomato & Eggplant StacksPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Peel eggplant (unless yours has a very thin skin).
- Slice into ½-inch rounds. You will need two large or four small rounds per stack.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the eggplant rounds over medium-high on barbecue or in grill pan on stove until tender (about 10 minutes) turning once. Allow to cool completely.
- Slice each tomato into four rounds.
- Alternate tomato and eggplant slices, beginning and ending with a tomato slice. If the eggplant slices are too small, just use two for one layer.
- Sprinkle each completed stack with a teaspoon of olive oil and two teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Season each stack with a pinch of kosher salt and a turn of freshly ground pepper.
- Garnish with feta and fresh basil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
More delicious fresh tomato recipes:
THANK YOU so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of The Good Hearted Woman. • Be sure to PIN this post!