This beautiful Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict is rich, delicious, and deceptively easy to make.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts ever. The creamy, lemony hollandaise complements the smoky salmon perfectly, resulting in a Benedict that transcends all others.
Stunningly simple to make, Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Its beautiful presentation makes it perfect for everything from an intimate breakfast in bed to an elegant brunch gathering. Enjoy.
Smoked Salmon BenedictPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 batch 2-Minute Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 oz. smoked salmon sliced thin
- 2 English muffins
- Split and toast English muffins. Put one half on each plate. (Or two on each if you're hungry!)
- Lay a thin layer of smoked salmon on each toasted muffin half.
- Top each salmon-muffin with a poached egg.
- Spoon hollandaise sauce generously on top.
- Serve immediately.
2- Minute Blender HollandaisePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 smaller pinch cayenne or a few drops of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in a blender pitcher. Pulse for a few seconds to blend.
- Cut up the butter and place it in a small saucepan. Heat it until it is completely melted and foamy.
- Start up the blender on high and uncover. Immediately start pouring the hot melted butter in a very thin stream. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have patience here – under no circumstances should the pouring process be rushed.
- The sauce will begin to thicken before you have added all the butter.
- Taste the sauce and add more lemon juice and seasonings if desired.
- Hollandaise sauce should be used immediately. If it sets out too long, it will begin to solidify.
Leftover Sauce Reality: I use leftover hollandaise the next day. It isn’t pretty and I’d never serve it to company, but it still tastes fantastic, and no has complained yet.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of The Good Hearted Woman. ❤ Be sure to PIN and Print this recipe!