Earlier this week after I got done making Butternut Samosas, I had some leftover ingredients, so I threw this quick hash together. I didn’t think much of it at the time – I mean, we all do that, right? Throw things in a pan just because we have them and we think they might taste nice together? But from the first fork full, I knew I had to share this “recipe” with you: the rosemary complements the sweet potatoes deliciously, and the grated carrot adds just the right amount of interesting texture. Finish it off with the obligatory poached egg and you have a lovely, healthy little meal in just 15-20 minutes.
Sweet Potato Carrot HashPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed 1/4"
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 poached eggs depending on how many you want!
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Saute onion and sweet potato in oil until onion and sweet potato is soften and begin to get slightly brown.
- Add grated carrot and saute just a few minutes more.
- Add chopped rosemary and give it one or two more good stirs.
- Top with poached egg and serve.