This creamy Pumpkin Smoothie recipe is a refreshingly scrumptious blend of pumpkin, peaches, and cozy fall spices.
You can thank Fantasy Sports for this Pumpkin Smoothie recipe. One fall night when Mr B was deep into the draft for his leventy-seventh fantasy team (which are not real, guys, in case you were confused), I got bored and I started throwing things in the blender. When I was done, we had this delicious Peachy Pumpkin Smoothie!
This peach-pumpkin combo is super-tasty! It's so good, in fact, that Mr. B actually came back to reality long enough to tell me so.
Pumpkin Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie recipe is a great way to use up extra pumpkin puree!
- Pumpkin puree: Use canned or homemade pumpkin puree. Fresh pumpkin puree will result in more smoothie delicate flavor.
- Frozen peaches: Use fresh, frozen, or canned peaches.
- Fresh: Peel and slice a large peach and put it into a resealable plastic bag. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Canned: Drain peaches and put about a one peach-worth in a bowl. Coer and freeze for at least an hour.
- Peaches aren't just for sweets! Check out our collection of savory peach recipes!
- Pumpkin spice: Just so happens, we have a great pumpkin pie spice recipe!
- Ice cream: You can use vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt for this recipe.
- Sweetener: We used powdered sugar to sweeten this smoothie because it seems to preserve the fresh peach flavor a bit more than honey or brown sugar, but you can use the sweetener of your choice. Adjust the sweetness to your own tastes.
- Coconut: Mr B and I are divided on this one. I enjoy the additional flavor that coconut brings to the table: he doesn't like the mildly gritty texture it adds. "Smoothies should be smooth," as he says.
- Orange zest: A little citrus zest brightens almost everything! Orange, pumpkin, and peach flavors all love one another.
How to Make this Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
It doesn't get much easier than this: just combine the ingredients in a blender and blitz everything until smooth.
If you use canned peaches, hold off on putting in about half the sweetener until you have a taste. Canned peaches can make your smoothie overly sweet.
Peanut Butter protein powder is a delicious nutritional additive in this smoothie! The pumpkin, peach and peanut butter all taste delicious together.
About a decade ago, I made an investment in a top shelf blender that cost the equivalent of a mid-range guitar, and I've never regretted it. A quality blender is a good household investment: it can effortlessly tackle tasks that would bring a subpar blender to a standstill.
You can also blend this pumpkin smoothie using an immersion blender; it just takes a little more time.
More Pumpkin Recipes
What else can you make with pumpkin puree? Plenty! Here are just a few ideas:
- Pumpkin Butter
- Old-fashioned Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Parmesan & Sage
- Pumpkin Spice Sourdough Scones
- Triple Ginger Pumpkin Pie
Peachy Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Love it? Pin it! If you love this Pumpkin Smoothie recipe, make sure that you don’t lose it! Pin it to your favorite recipe board before you go!
Originally published October 21, 2013. Post has been updated with new content, images, and recipe instructions to improve reader experience.
Thank you for visiting the Good Hearted Woman. Remember to bookmark this site, and come back soon!